Overheard in a supermarket.
Cashier: “Here’s your free glass m’am.”
Customer: “No thanks, I don’t need it, have too many of them.”
Cashier: “But m’am, it’s free.”
Customer: “I know, but I don’t want it.”
Cashier: “No, you don’t need to pay for it m’am, it’s absolutely free. You get it with the juice carton. It’s the company’s offer.”
Customer: “Yes, I know, but like I said, I don’t need it.”
Cashier: “It’s a nice glass m’am.”
Customer: “If you ask me again, I’m not buying the juice.”
Cashier: “No no m’am please don’t misunderstand me…I’m only saying because it’s free. It’s a nice glass also.”
Customer: “Then you keep it, take it home.”
Cashier (stunned): “Er…are you sure?”
Customer: “Oh God! Yes.”
Cashier (grinning ear to ear): “Ok, thanks m’am.”
Cashier completes billing, and Customer leaves.
Cashier (wondering aloud in Kannada): “Yen vichitra, free iddroo beda. (what a weird woman, she doesn’t want it even when it’s free.)”

No comments: